Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Bones Chicken Wing Dip

I found this recipe in one of my Grandma's recent issues of Taste of Home. I realize a lot of my recipes I'm trying are from Taste of Home magazines and cookbooks. I think that the recipes they feature are simpler more "normal" food that I like. I'm what my husband refers to as a "picky eater." I beg to differ...I'm just "particular" about what I like and don't. One thing I LOVE is hot wings. I love hot wing pizza as well...yum! So how about a boneless hot wing dip...I'd love some, thank you!

1-8 oz. pkg cream cheese-softened
16 oz. (2 cups) sour cream
1 cup Bleu Cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1-8 oz. block of provolone cheese-shredded

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, salad dressing and buffalo sauce until blended. Stir in chicken and provolone cheese.

Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with crackers, carrots and celery. I used tortilla chips...delish!

A few notes:
I used Ranch dressing instead of Bleu Cheese. It made it a little runny so I think I would only use half the amount next time.
For the chicken I bought a couple cans of shredded chicken because I was in a hurry. It probably would be better with actual chicken breast shredded.
Also, I'm kinda "particular" about my wing sauce. I used Franks.
The last note, I mixed it up the night before and refrigerated it. It took about an hour to bake it and then it was in the crock pot about another hour and a half before we ate it. It was good and hot then.

We had a potluck lunch after the morning service at church this week, so I figured they could be my guinea pigs! I forgot to take a picture of it...and there was none left to take a picture of later! It was SO GOOD!! Definitely worth all $15 the ingredients cost me!!

Baby things...my sweet baby boy is 3 months old already! It is just amazing to me how fast he has grown! He has a jump up that he LOVES, and a swing he is outgrowing. He very quickly went from drinking 2 ounces to 7. He loves his grandmas...all 4 of them! The gray haired ones get more of a reaction from him...sorry Mom...you're gonna have to go gray. He still looks so much like his father, it is sometimes scary! When they are cuddled up on the couch, looking up at me with those big dark eyes...just melts my heart. James started his new job last week at a local implement dealer. So far he likes it. I started working out last week with a couple of girls from church. Waking up at 4:30 am to go to the gym is something I never would have thought would be important to me! Yesterday, I found a sitter for Ian so I could go run...weird. This morning, I got to the gym and realized I left my key at home. So I drug my disappointed butt back home and wearily crawled back into bed...this cannot be a trend! **I live 10 miles from the gym, and have to be home before James goes to work**

Later this week I'm making Salmon Spinach Bundles. I just have to make my way to the Big City to purchase the ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. This was surprisingly good...to me anyways!!! Knowing my great dislike for those buffalo chicken wings...EEEEWW.
    Did think if I ever made it I would add some green chilis to it. but then I do loove green chilis!!

    Thanks for sharing this with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete