Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 5-Chris' Bay Area Burger

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I love looking on that site if nothing in my cookbooks "speaks to me." I decided to try a new recipe on the fly that night. We bought a bunch of buns that we needed to use up. James wanted tavern (sloppy joes) and I was really in the mood for a burger. I got on allrecipes while pumping to look for a new hamburger recipe. I found this one and decided it was something we might like...and I had all the ingredients!
James (my handsome hubs) "cooking" the burgers.
I had to snap this one quick while he had the spatula in his hand!
MMM....can you smell them?
They smelled amazing...and were very juicy!!
 Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2-1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil leaves

Instructions
Mix together. Make into patties. Grill or fry...EAT!!!

I served with grated provolone and regular hamburger buns. Someone left on a comment on the website that this would be good served with mozzarella and foccacia bread. I think they would be good that way too...with a little preparation!!

OK...I know you can't tell by what I've written already...WE LOVED THESE! James (with a big smile) said "Mmmm...you can DEFINITELY make this again!" I loved them! They were so good I didn't even use any condiments! Easy, delicious....definitely going to be made again.

This is Ian trying to roll over.....
 still trying.....
almost.... 
Nope...not happening today :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment