Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 7-Yummy Chicken and Crafties!!

This weeks recipe is called Crispy Onion Chicken and I found it in a Taste of Home (of course!) Ultimate Chicken Cookbook magazine (May 2008). Anyway, it is a really easy recipe and super delish! After last weeks flops I needed something to kick me back into gear and want to cook again. So what would be better than chicken covered in crunchy onions? Apparently not much! We both loved it and James got seconds...poor guy was about starving after the yucks I served him last week! I'm hoping this heats up well and doesn't get soggy. I made a little extra so I could bring some to our friends who just had their baby. The husband really hates cafeteria food, eating out, pretty much anything that's not homemade....picky! Since their daughter was born 12 weeks early and will be in intensive care for about up to her due date, I figured I better bring him some food so he doesn't have to try to stomach the cafeteria food :o( Baby Girl is doing really well and has very proud parents! Congrats Nic and Shirley!

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can (6 oz) cheddar or original french-fried onions, crushed
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I think you could use 6 without using extra ingredients)

Instructions
In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add 1/2 cup french-fried onions. Dip chicken in the butter mixture and then coat with onions.

Place in a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered at 350* for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

SO YUMMY AND CRUNCHY!!

Since my friend had a little girl, who is much to small to wear the customary tutu I was going to make, I wanted to make her something. So looking on some blogs yesterday I found some very cute stuff. We couldn't find her tiny hats to wear ('cause the hospital ones aren't cute enough for her to wear 3 months!) so I'm gonna make some today...with the help of my Grandma! I'm hoping they turn out...the idea sounds easy and its not a hard pattern or anything but I've never tried sewing knit before...we'll see. I also was inspired to make some headbands for the other babies in my life. I'm going to put pins on the backs of these so they can be switched out from headband, to hats, to clothes, etc. I know they look alike but for $6 for all my flowers I wanted to experiment...gotta love the dollar stores!

 SO YUMMY AND PRETTY!!

I want one for myself!
 I tried to "try one on Ian"...James caught me and said "NO WOMAN! NO flowers on the baby!"
 He looked so cute though! The big reddish flowers are about as big as Ian's head!

This ones my favorite!

I found the tutorial on how to make these at
I also incorporated elements of another tutorial with the tulle stuff...that can be found here http://samstermommy.blogspot.com/2009/11/no-sew-fabric-scrap-flower.html
These were really fun and easy to make. I am now addicted to making little baby stuff...for girls! If anyone knows of any cute stuff to make for boys let me know...Ian needs stuff too!!

2 comments:

  1. Chicken sounds easy and delish!!
    Make sure to take pics of the finished crafties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are wonderful!! I really need to start trying some of your recipes too!

    ReplyDelete